Board :Inquiring Minds
Author :Librarian Librarian
Subject :Viper Clan Disbands - Hyul 111
Date :5/12

Hyul 111, marks a time in Nexus history where another clan would disband, this time in the Kingdom of Nagnang.

It was a post that was placed on Community board from GM Wony, that would start the process of disbandment.

<b>GM Wony's Notice, as posted from the Community board:

I am hesitant and disheartened to put a negative spotlight on one of our clans in this manner. A certain clan has perpetually engaged in grave offenses and toxic influence to the community, Archons, and GMs. As you may have read or seen firsthand, this clan produced numerous cheaters and troublemakers - including Priomogen(s) and Council members, some of which most recently appear on the Scum list.

While no organization can be wholly blamed for the behavior of its individual members, there is no denying that the culture of the clan can be negatively influenced to support and encourage more bad behavior. In this case, it certainly has.

Thus I am issuing a warning that any further major violation or disturbance from the clan or its members will result in disbanding of the clan.

Again, this is not to say that all members are toxic or bad. In fact, I know several to be active, positive players who are great contributors to Nexus, and I truly appreciate them.

To the members of the clan: It's your decision whether you start a new clan life in Nexus, or stay and perhaps fight for the legacy of the clan for what it's worth.

To the rest of the community, I apologize for the unpleasant message. It was something that had to be done in timely manner.

It's a difficult time and crisis out there.  I hope you find another home shelter in Nexus and stay safe.

Thank you.

It is important to note that not all of Viper's members were part of this toxic culture and those who remained took it upon themselves to make the decision to disband the clan.

Zariel who became Viper's final Primogen amidst the controversy issued the following statement:

Over the past several months, Viper was involved in a series of incidents leading ultimately to today. With heavy hearts we made the very difficult decision to voluntarily disband the clan through a unanimous council vote and move onto new horizons with our heads held high. To those waking up without the Viper home, we are sorry that we were not able to tell you before this happened. The decision was only finalized recently and executed in full before we had a chance to make an official statement to the clan and community. Know that Viper will always be a part of our blood. Removing our clan does not remove our bond. We will always be here for one another - please do not lose touch.
At this point, the legacy of Viper is best left to history rather than a lifetime of scrutiny. It is our choice to walk away as the strongest clan in the lands and one of the most active clans in Nagnang. Myself and many others have a lifetime of memories from Viper that we'll carry with us into the next chapter of our lives. I want to say thank you to everyone who was in Viper, or has been over the years. Thank you for all you have done.

Hiss, hiss.
- Zariel

Gan, The Librarian